For the love of all things vintage, clever, designed, and/or delicious, we celebrate objects and rituals in all their glory!

2.08.2010

L&G Featured on Lucky Magazine!

Okay...take a deep breath...
So get this...our Mega Doily Rug got featured on Lucky Magazine! This is our very first time getting our designs featured in a printed magazine! Kind of a big deal for us, since all the past mentions of L&G were all viral, (which I'm more than grateful for all the kind mentions!), but for some reason getting an actual feature in an editorial magazine makes it feel so official!

I knew before that the rug would be featured on the March issue...but totally forgot that the issue comes out a month before....so all this still caught me by surprised when I found out that the issue came out this last weekend!

But on another SUPER exciting note for L&G is that I'll also be contributing to Meg Mateo Illasco's new book "Crafting a Meaningful Home" (STC Craft/Melanie Falick Books).

I had the honor to meet Meg in person last year at the Renegade Craft Fair when she was doing some book signing for her book, Craft Inc. Through some casual conversation and me getting her autographed book, we ended up talking about her new book. One thing lead to another and the next thing I know, both Chika and I were talking about projects to propose for her book and dates for a photoshoot in SF! I swear, no one was drunk when all this happened!

But this is even BIGGER deal! Don't get me wrong, blogs & magazines...I'm not making it sound like this a competition nor am I playing favorites, but I'm saying it's a bigger deal because I realized how much work goes into putting a book together from both ends. Turns out publishing a book isn't so easy...who would of thought, right?
There was so much back and forth of editing and re-editing that goes on and really made me wonder how people did this before the world wide inter-web came about...

In anyhow, the book will come out this Fall and we'll be able to share more in beginning of this summer!! I'm trying really hard not too say too much, but I'm totally excited knowing what I know and knowing how awesome this book is gonna be!

Stay tuned for more updates!!

5 comments:

Wooly Bison said...

WAY TO GO!! I'm very excited for you!!

Simply Grove said...

Congrats! Saw the issue today and it looks great!!!

Staci @ 26 Olive Street said...

Saw the spot while flipping through my copy the other and was super excited for you guys! Super amazing exposure!

Jean said...

Yay! Thanks all, I'm totally excited, too!

plaisirs simples said...

congrats!!! that's amazing!!!! must be such a rewarding moment for you! enjoy it!