For the love of all things vintage, clever, designed, and/or delicious, we celebrate objects and rituals in all their glory!

11.26.2009

Muji + Lego=Ultimate Fun!


Dear Muji,

Why have you gone and achieved awesomeness yet again? Give the rest of us a chance will ya'?

Seriously though guys...just when I thought legos were about sold-out (star wars, sponge bob, Indiana Jones, etc) you, Muji had to come right along and inject some of that playful simplicity you so soaringly distribute to everything you touch.

The result: a simple set of legos made spectacularly and invariably more interesting via a few sheets of colored paper, a hole punch, and a few basic suggestions. You've managed to remind me exactly why legos were a childhood favorite of mine...it wasn't the razzle-dazzle space ships as much as the endless possibilities of our imaginations.

Oh, but you have failed in one respect where you have also failed in the past: making it easy for an Americans like us to get our hands on your best products. While this product doesn't appear to be available on the US Muji site, it looks to be available on the Japanese one. Why do they torture us like that?!

These brilliant little wonders will be released in Nov 27th in Japan. Would it be crazy if I got a ticket to Japan just to get theses? .......NAH!

via Design Boom

4 comments:

ito said...

Oh,now I'm giving thanks for Your Royal Mujiness (yet again). When I saw the squirrels and autumn leaves- Thanksgiving placecards? Happy thanksgiving Jean and Dylan!

Alyssa Zygmunt said...

WOW. amazing!!!
Happy Thanksgiving :)

Jean said...

I'm thankful that you're thankful of my Muji obsession. But mostly I'm thankful of this wonderful holiday where it's ALL about eating. (my other obsession...)

Enjoy gobbling turkey day!

Lia said...

This is great! I love it!