For the love of all things vintage, clever, designed, and/or delicious, we celebrate objects and rituals in all their glory!

8.26.2009

Mega Doily Mention on D*S


Check out this great D*S guest post about rope by Meg of Mateo Ilasco. She mentioned the L&G mega-doily rug I made last winter!
I had the pleasure to meet and talk to her at the last SF Renegade Craft Fair, and I have to say that Meg is one of those people that I don't get how she does it all.
She designs her own line of amazing stationery, home, and gift products as well as offering editorial, design and illustration services. She produces Modern Economy , which is a multi-designer sample sale supporting independent designers and retailers.
On top of all that, she's written several books including this super useful book for anyone who likes to start their creative business, called Craft, Inc.

Also... she's currently working on some other book on home decor that I'm REALLY excited about!! I can't say too much at this point....

Thanks Meg for the nice mention of my Doily Rug!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I love your mega doily! I have to ask how much length of rope did you use to create this rug?

Dylan said...

Thanks! it takes about 300-400 yard of rope to create a rug that's 4'ft-5'ft in diameter. also depends on the gauge of the rope.