For the love of all things vintage, clever, designed, and/or delicious, we celebrate objects and rituals in all their glory!

3.09.2008

Few things from our ceramic class

Dylan and I started taking a ceramic class beginning of January as a Christmas gift for ourselves. I haven't worked with clay since high school, and didn't get much out of it since my teacher failed to teach us anything, so I stuck with hand building vs. wheel throwing. Dylan took a wheel throwing class for a quarter at UW while his teacher would show up to class drunk or hungover....so enough said.

But we started taking a wheel throwing class at the Green Lake community center (only $140 for 10 weeks!), and it's been a blast! Most of the time it's been frustrating, but once we warmed up and starts to make things that we actually have in mind....then it's great! But Here are some few things we made.....most of them are all not centered. It's totally wabisabi....uh, yeah! Totally intentional....yes. I made the elephant and the lettuce bowl.
Dylan made the cute cup with a flattened top, and the yellow interior pot.
some matcha bowls I made. Can't wait to whip out my Chasen bamboo whisk to make some matcha tea! -Jean

1 comment:

Noal said...

I LOVE the lettuce bowls!! I can only imagine how great chado is when you're slurping matcha out of your own bowl. I want to see all the ceramics you guys have been working on... keep posting! You've been so productive with your posts--it's been delightful to read.