For the love of all things vintage, clever, designed, and/or delicious, we celebrate objects and rituals in all their glory!

2.13.2008

New design bag series on R.E.Load


I've just got featured on R.E.Load as one of their custom designers! Theres's a funny photo of me cross-legged! But I'm actually glad they used that photo versus the ones of me standing....where I looked like I had super short legs....as if they're not already short enough! I didn't think they would post it on the main page. Luckily it's not permanent. Phew! I just can't stand being so famous! ugh!
....heh. :P
So, I've been working for R.E.Load bags for 2 and half years or so doing countless custom designs of my own and custom graphic upon people's request. R.E. Load is the messenger bag company that sells awesome build-your-own bike messenger bags and they're all handmade in Seattle & Philadelphia. You can read their blog about what I do there and the whole fixed gear/track bike culture that's exploding in every major city nowadays.
I'm not a total bike geek, but definitely has an appreciation for it and find this particular subculture really interesting. But apparently my Diagonal graphic is a big hit in Japan! It's pretty exciting. I think it's because of the hot pink and electric purple combo. They just LOVE crazy colors!
As you can see in the photo below with our dear friends and distributer in Japan, Seiya and his ADORABLE family in BRIGHT cheerful colors! We got to hang out with them at one of the major bike races in Philly and they're just the cutest family ever! I wanted to steal little Aika and Yume from their parents...but decided not to, since their parents would be sad.
Hope to visit them at some point. it's been more than 3 years since I've last took a trip to Japan. I miss it there. gotta save up!
-Jean

No comments: